9.26.2007

Halloween Help!

Hey guys and gals!

Kayleigh has informed me (this morning, mind you) that she has decided that she wants to be Calypso from POTC3 for Halloween.

I need your help!

I can't find any pictures of her online and costumes - BAH! They're all either Jack, Elizabeth or Will. I mentioned the Oriental Elizabeth costume to her a couple weeks back but she was adamently against it.

If, in your internet travels, you happen to find a good picture you can send me or, better yet, a link to a costume that would be great!

In the meantime, I will continue looking as well but, I thought I'd throw up the flare to see if you guys might be able to help!

Thanks...

_____________________________________________________

Here ya go WOV. You're right. Not alotta easily found reference shots. The first pic is from that site hansgirl found. Awesome! ;)






8 comments:

amidalooine said...

OK, but isn't Calypso just the same babe from the second POTC?

I'm confused!

Wifey said...

Yeah, she is.... Tia Dalma.

I have an upper body shot of her so I can do makeup but, couldn't find anything else.

I have a feeling that this is going to be a piece together costume.... at least she's decided a month before!

LOL

Hansgirl3 said...

Ok, I found a few pics, plus I found this website that may help.

Pic1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Wifey said...

Thanks for the links, HG3!

Looks like I know what I am looking for if I can't find the exact costumes....

Make up and hair will be easy as will the accessories.... the dress? Well, it looks like a victorian style, might work.

She's not going to let this go so, I will have to send pix of the costume next month!

Hansgirl3 said...

Definitely send pics!!!!!

Sarlacc-Pitt said...

That'll be an awesome costume!! :D

starthunder said...

i would love, love, love to do a tia costume too - the dress would be rather challenging! lol - as well as the hair, teeth and make up. i actually saw a picture from a convention somewhere of someone who did a great calypso costume!

good luck! i'll bet lots of tea will come in handy to make the dress look worn.

Wifey said...

I actually found a base to build on last night.... it's not perfect but, accesorizing and make up will be key.

K2 loved what I found so, we'll just have to see where we go from here.

I am sure she will look great.

The only thing I am not sure of is her hair - wig or hairspray dye?

Or perhaps she will just be a blonde Calypso... =)