9.01.2007

Mad saber skillz

Many moons ago, I blogged over on SW about a friend of mine who acted in one of my movies being in a fan film - well, the film is available for download and looking at, and if you go here you can check it out.
Now, it's not great, too many houses and fences and door handles in it for my liking, but the saber effects are impressive, and Amos (the bald jedi) does a lot of fancy saber twirling.
Anyhoo - just in case you wanted to waste half an hour - here you go.
BTW - I recommend the high quality download, not the YouTube or iPod versions...

7 comments:

amidalooine said...

Dammit...I started watching it (I remember your posting about this), but #3 child just arrived home unexpectedly. Must watch later...

Airyoda said...

I checked out the teaser trailer. The saber and blaster effects do look rather cool. The rest of it kind of has a "after-school special meets Star Wars" vibe.

Hansgirl3 said...

Hmmm... cool! :)

"The Final Showdown" put The Final Countdown (song) in my head! ;) That's ok, though; I like that song! :)

Sarlacc-Pitt said...

Very cool! Nifty story to go along with the effects... that is always nice in a fan film. :D

starthunder said...

lol - i kinda noticed all the houses and doorknobs too ;)

still fun! i love the "turb and sever" cheapest bounty hunter commercial! omg - was that kool and the gang?:D :D :D

some great little action cuts there! nice roto! awesome ship FX! also cool little comic book style wipe.

lol - they got a little scorcese on us in the second and third acts :D

fan films are just fun, and thats all they should ever aspre to be imo. it looks like these guys went for it. i just watched the first 1/4. maybe i'll catch up on the other 3/4 at some point.
________________________________

"The Final Showdown" put The Final Countdown (song) in my head! ;)

LOLOL!

Hansgirl3 said...

LMAO!!

That was perfect!

amidalooine said...

VERY cool, nob...distracting, though. The gray/white-haired jedi guy looks SO much like my best friend's ex-husband. REALLY weird!

Excellent fan film!!